On Sunday May 19, the route from Lorne to Apollo Bay on the Great Ocean Road is is closed from 7.am until 2.30 pm. From the start line at the Lorne Hotel in Mountjoy Parade, all traffic will be redirected. Police will OPERATE this closure and you will be required to obey their instructions.
Give yourself plenty of time to be on time for your event at the bus collection, we have record numbers this year so your patience will be appreciated so all concerned will have a great experience at Apollo Bay.
For a detailed list of Roads closed and times please click here!Final IMPORTANT NOTICE – residents letter
- RACE PACKS
If you have not received your race pack by Friday, May 17, don’t worry, just contact the information booth located inside the Apollo Bay Hotel, 95 Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay see times listed below, for all your enquiries.
- CLOTHING BAGS – MUST be in the trucks by 7.45am – 15 minutes before the race starts. Trucks are on a tight schedule so please respect this.
- ENTRANTS MUST stay on the LEFT-HAND side of the road AT ALL TIMES!
- EMERGENCY VEHICLES WILL BE USING THE RIGHT-HAND LANE
- INFORMATION BOOTH - inside the Apollo Bay Hotel – 95 Great Ocean Road to assist you with any queries HOURS – Saturday from 8.am to 4pm.
- OVERSEAS ENTRANTS – your race pack will not be posted. It will be available for collection at the following times:
- Saturday, May 18:ALL EVENTS
Apollo Bay Hotel, 95 Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay from 8.am to 4. pm
- Sunday, May 19: MARATHON EVENT
Lorne start line, Lorne Hotel, Mountjoy Parade from 6.30 am to 8.00am
- HALF MARATHON EVENT
Kennett River start line, opposite Kennett River Holiday Park, Great Ocean Road from 6.30.am to 8.00.am.