|VETTA PASTA 1.5km KIDS’ GALLOP|
|Date:||Saturday, 18th May 2013|
|Entry:||$10, Enter on the day 8am-11am, near start line|
|Start Line:||Start Line: Apollo Bay Hotel, Great Ocean Road|
|Finish Line:||Finish Line: Apollo Bay Hotel, Great Ocean Road|
Participants will have full access to both sides of the road from the Apollo Bay Hotel (Great Ocean Road) for the duration of the event – 1.5kms.
Detours will be in place from Gambier Street (Great Ocean Road) to Hardy Street (Great Ocean Road) from 9.30am until 12.15pm.
- 0.0km – START LINE – APOLLO BAY HOTEL- FACING GREAT OCEAN ROAD REAL ESTATE OFFICE
- 0.1km - Pass Moore Street
- 0.2km - Pedestrian lights
- 0.3km - Pass McLaren Parade
- 0.4km - Veer Left at Nelson Street – Roundabout
- 0.5km - Pass Port Campbell-Warrnambool turn off, keep straight
- 0.6km - T-Intersection: Our Lady Star of the Sea Church - Right into Trafalgar Street
- 0.7km - Right into Noel Street
- 0.9km - Cross Roads – Right into Great Ocean Road
- 1.0km - Veer left to Lorne and Geelong
- 1.1km - Veer right at Nelson Street continue on Great Ocean Road
- 1.2km - Pass McLaren Parade
- 1.3km - Pedestrian Lights
- 1.4km - Pass Moore Street
- 1.5km - Finish Line Apollo Bay Hotel
Cut-off time 30 minutes
VETTA PASTA KIDS’ GALLOP A TRIBUTE TO LES NOSEDA
The marathon’s festival Kids’ Gallop, one of two new events on the 2012 program, honored the memory of Les Noseda who died in September 2011.
The Gallop was a resounding success, with nearly 500 children and Mums and Dads taking part over the 1.5km course through the streets of Apollo Bay.
Proceeds were donated to the Apollo Bay Hospital, through Otway Health. a similar arrangement will be in place for the 2013 Gallop. to be held on Saturday May 18.
The Vetta Pasta Kids’ Gallop is not a race. It is open to children of all suitable ages, and for Mums and Dads. The course is flat and the cut-off time is an easy 30 minutes.
Entry fee is only $10 and entries will be taken near the start line at the Apollo Bay Hotel from 8. a.m. to 11.a.m. Numbers will be issued. And a certificate upon completion.
*Fees have been increased due to traffic control costings but remaining proceeds go direct to the Hospital.
There will be a host of random prizes.